Hi all, i know all are like sweets especially halwa... tirunelveli halwa, coimbatore muthu vilas halwa are famous for halwa... so i tried the tasty
halwa for 'FATHER'S DAY' special..... of course my dad loves the sweet halwa...
NEEDS OF INGREDIENTS
Samba whole wheat - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Cardamom pods - 6
Ghee - 7-8 Tbsp
Kesari powder - pinch
Salt - pinch
Water - 2 cups
- Wash and soak the samba whole wheat for overnight.
- Drain the water and wash again and blend by adding 1 cup of water. strain through a sieve to get a thick milk.
- Again grind with 1 cup of water and strain. Now you have only husk to throw it away.
|extract milk from wheat|
- The filtered wheat milk is ready. Keep this in refrigerator for 2 hours to settle down thick milk.
- Discard the upper layer of water and keep the thick milk.
|separation of thin and thick milk|
- Now prepare the sugar syrup. Take a pan add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water and stir in low flame.
- When it starts bubbling stir continuously and check it for single strand consistency.
- Then add color powder with some water and stir well.
- Add cardamom powder to this and stir well till it forms a mass.
- Adding ghee and don't leave your stirring otherwise lumps will appear.
- Should be stir in low flame around 30-40min, then only we will get good consistency.
- Check this consistency by rolling the mixture in your hand like ball, if it will not sticky its ready.
- Grease a plate with ghee, put the whole mixture on to a plate. Let it cool, cut into desired shapes.
- Serve it hot or cold.
|to my dad.... N get compliments from him....|
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!