Hi friends, kids or adult always crazy for snacks, if the snacks are deep fried version no way to say 'NO', is it?? Today I came with that kind of version, deep fried and delicious Baby Corn...
Yes!! It's on a weekend, my relatives were arrived and we enjoyed but we want to taste some hot and spicy while chatting, I found few baby corns in my vegetable basket actually I thought to make baby corn masala in chinese style... After that my mind changed to make a starter...
Little about Baby Corn
Baby corn is a cereal grain taken from corn(maize) harvested early while the ears are very small and immature. It typically is eaten whole-cob included-in contrasts to mature corn. Baby corn is eaten both raw and cooked. It is most common in Asian Cuisine.
In larger variety of corn we can not eat middle stem, but in baby corn we can eat the tender middle stem also and it looks pale yellow in color.
- Corn is a low-GI vegetable
- Good source of folate, potassium, dietary fibre and vitamin-B & C
Baby corn - 10
Gram flour - 1/4 Cup
Rice flour - 1/4 Cup or less
Hing - 1/4 Tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 to 1 Tsp
Soda - 1 Pinch
Salt - To taste
Oil - To deep fry
- Combine gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, soda, hing and salt in a bowl and mix it thoroughly with adding of little water. It should be in semi liquid consistency mean neither thin nor thick.
- Chopped the baby corn into small pieces like finger size and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan for deep frying in high-medium flame, take one piece of corn and dipped into the mixture fully till well coated with batter.
- Drop into oil and fry till turns golden brown, do the same for remaining corns.
- Serve it hot!!!!
|CRISPY BABY CORN BAJJI!!!|
QUICK RECIPE CARD