Hello friends, am really very happy to write this post… Do u know Y?? I told about my friend as well as sister Nathiya… Hope my regular blogger friends and readers remember her… Actually I was telling her to see my blog since I started the one. But she doesn't aware of it and busy too, whenever I told to her, her replies are same that “Do some studies and gain more knowledge”… Ha ha ha!!! N Finally yesterday she had seen my blog thru’ Nisha who is friend of Nathiya and mine. Nisha is really appreciated my works and give some tips to improve. Thank U Nisha… Nathiya is really surprised and valued me well!! N she assured me to visit my blog regularly…
Coming to my today’s post that u all knows already is Ghee Rice… Yeah! Ghee is her favorite one at any form. Here I prepared in a simple manner and it has many variations.
Little about Ghee Rice
This is one of the most simplest yet delicious recipe. It is a very popular dish and can be prepared very quickly. The freshness of ghee will enhance the taste well and it is prepared by various methods. We can prepare this ghee rice simple to rich by using nuts and all and it goes with any kind of vegetable curries or spicy side dish items... Traditional ghee rice gives rich nutty taste with caramelized onions. But here I prepared it very simple to reduce the calories.
- Regular consumption of pure ghee enhances physical and mental strength and keeps the body healthy and it taking out the impurities from the body.
- It enhances eyesight, keeps muscles and tendons healthy.
- For people with cholesterol problems, ghee is a better option as compared to butter as pure ghee is lower in fat than butter.
- It is easiest to digest coz of lesser amount of fat.
- It is full of vitamins A,D,E and K.
- The body needs certain fats in its diet in order to perform vital functions, including protecting the stomach wall from digestive acids, building and strengthening cell membranes and supporting nerve, skin and brain health. so the fats in ghee provide these benefits without any of the trans-fats, hydrogenated oils or oxidized cholesterol of butter and other oils.
5 Minutes - if cooked rice avaialble
Cooked rice - 2 cup
Home made Ghee - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp (we stored in that Ghee container)
Oil - 1 Tsp
Cinnamon - 1 stick
Cloves - 2
Cardamom pods - 1
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Shallots - 10-12 chopped
Green Chillies - 2 slit
Mint leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few for garnish
- Heat a pan add oil and ghee then add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom and mustard seeds wait till splutter.
- Add shallots and green chillies and saute till shallots turn transparent.
- Add mint leaves fry for 1 minute and then add rice and mix it well and stir for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Finally add 1 tsp of ghee and cover with lid let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix it once and garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with your favorite curries.
|YUMMY GHEE RICE!!! ITS SIMPLE BUT MORE TASTY!!!|
QUICK RECIPE CARD
- If you wish add a handful of boiled green peas or carrot to it.
- You can fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and garnish it.
- You can garnish it with caramelized onions.
SOME OF SPICY GRAVY FOR THIS YUMMY RICE