Hi friends, nowadays I love to bake many cakes and cookies... Don't know the reason but I love to bake more than cooking... I love biscuits all the time but after I start to bake, we won't buy any cakes n cookies from bakery... Yes!!Except puffs but am sure I get confidence to bake puffs too... n today I have planned to post Nan Khatai which is chocolate version, I prepared the nan khatai from one of my sweetest friend Priya Ranjit (Doll) from Cook Like Priya...
I already did ordinary nan khatai and posted on my blog in the name of Melting Cookies - Low Fat Version... But I did not used butter for that cookies, I have used vegetable oil instead of butter but no compromise with the taste of it.... N I prepared this cookies as gift, me n my mom were planned to go our cousin home so I baked these both cookies and gave it to them the yummy cookies n they also not miss to praise the cookies n me too:)
Recipe Source - COOK LIKE PRIYA
My Alteration in the Recipe
- But I used powdered sugar/Icing sugar instead of granulated Sugar (Coz I did not noticed her Note..)
- I have used Baking powder and vanilla essence...
All purpose flour/Maida - 1/2 Cup minus 1 Tbsp
Icing sugar/Powdered sugar - 1/3 Cup
Instant coffee powder - 1/4 Tsp (Nescafe Gold)
Coco powder - 1 Tbsp
Melted butter - 3 Tbsp
Baking Powder - 1/8 Tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/8 Tsp
- Pre heat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Take a mixing bowl add maida, powder sugar/Icing sugar, instant coffee powder, coco powder and vanilla essence mix it once.
- Grease the baking pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Now add melted butter to the mixture and mix it till u can make firm balls with the dough.
- To get even sized cookies take the dough in a 1 Tbsp size and roll them into balls and press it lightly and place them on the baking tray and top it with cashew and just press slightly.
- Now place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, take them out and let it cool down completely.
- Serve it with hot drinks/ pack it for your friends/guest/relatives....
|CRISPY AND YUMMY CHOCO NANKHATAI!!!|
QUICK VIEW RECIPE CARD
Thank U so much Doll (Priya) for the wonderful cookies n taste mine too!!!