Hi friends, first thank you all for your kind supports, love and contribution to our SYS-W Series, and successfully completed third month of series with the very yummy and juicy Mango fruit and tangy Raw Mango, hope all you enjoyed well with the ingredients in the seasonal.. Many of you aware of the SYS-W Series, if you are not known about this, don't worry here is brief about the series and link...
CONCEPT OF THE SERIES
Actually we liked in starting this series, so as to see many variations in particular type of ingredients.
Main Ingredients - Rice and Milk - Using these 2 ingredients we can make many recipes right??? ex: Rice Kheer, Pongal and etc...So using these ingredients u have to be prepare any recipe with your innovation or variation...
The main ingredients would be the same but they may have variation regionally and even individually like using different types of rice or milk products or in cooking method etc... So we would like to collect or gather all variations in one place so that we all can learn new recipes or new techniques in what we all already know.
Are you interested to part in the series...
Then no worries just mail me - email@example.com
Before going to our series ingredient, I have listed down the INNOVATORS who given their names to the series...
Happy to updated Innovators...
*VEG or Both(V&NV)
*Veg or Non veg – To give evaluation form according
to the recipe submission.
Friends, Here I have given the list of innovators and if I have failed to notice your names or particulars,
Please inform me via mail firstname.lastname@example.org or comment column…
OK!!! Friends, now let's come to announce the ingredients of our 4th month of SYS-W Series...
Selection of the month Ingredients
From last month of the series winners of the SYS-W has selected the ingredients for next month... So last month winner +Archana Vijay has selected the May Month Ingredients... Thank U so much Archana akka...
See the Round ups Here!!!
So you are thinking what are the ingredients, Right??? Many of you guessed so many wonderful and nutritious one.... Will sure we will do with it in future... Here count down start for this month of ingredients,
and the ingredients are
Little About Bottle Gourd
Lagenaria siceraria, bottle gourd, opo squash or long melon. It can either be harvested young and used as a vegetable, or harvested mature, dried and used as a bottle, utensil or pipe. For this reason, the calabash is widely known as the Bottle Gourd. The fresh fruit has a light green smooth skin and a white flesh.
In India, it is known as Lauki/சுரைக்காய் and it can be used to make curries, kootu etc... In Central America, the seeds of the gourd are toasted and ground with other ingredients to make the drink horchata.
Benefits of Bottle Gourd
- Bottle gourd contains a lot of water (96%), and as such is light and easy to digest. Bottle gourd is a commonly used to treat dehydration caused by diarrhea.
- The water content in bottle gourd along with the high fiber content helps with constipation as well.
- Low in calories (100 g=12 Calories) and low in fat, so can use in weight loss diet.
- Regular intake of cooked bottle gourd is considered an effective remedy for tuberculosis, and for boosting immunity.
- Effective in treating hysteria, fresh bottle gourd pulp should be applied on the forehead of the patient.
Little About Fenugreek
Fenugreek is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae. The plant has small round leaves, is cultivated worldwide as a semi-arid crop, and is a common ingredient in dishes from the Indian Subcontinent. Also known as Methi, both seeds and leaves are very well liked by many Indians in their native cuisine and almost treated as a wonder component of Indian food preparations. Possibly the best part of its properties is that is very light and dry and in spite its bitter taste it promotes appetite.
Benefits of Fenugreek
- Both leaves and seeds is very popular with naturopaths for the treatment of chronic ailments.
- Very rich in vitamins and minerals and they get easily absorbed by the body.
- Vitamin K is as good as in this spinach.
- Balancing Cholesterol
- Treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar levels
- Herbal cure for skin inflammation
- Remedy to ease child birth for pregnant women
- Aid milk production in lactating women.
Little things about the recipe submission
1. You should prepare recipes with BOTTLE GOURD OR FENUGREEK (Seeds or Leaves) OR BOTH in your manner of innovations or variations but the bottle gourd or fenugreek flavor should be dominated in your recipe is necessity.
2. Only new entries allowed no archived entries please.
3. You can prepare either one or more (Optional - But get bonus points) recipes using these ingredients, and then post it on your blog with the following details,
o Ingredients with clear measurements
o Variation or innovation in the recipe (Please write at least one line that what is your innovation in your recipe)
o At least two pictures of the final recipe
4. Post the logo and link to the respective page is mandatory. The linky tools are given in the main page of the series according to the categories...
o Recipes will be link in my space
5. If any linky tool problem while linking the entries, please mail me with the given details.
6. Non-Bloggers can send your recipes to my mail id email@example.com with the following details...
o Your name
o Contact mail id
o Recipe name
o Ingredients with clear measurements
o Variation or innovation
o At least one picture of the recipes
7. Follow through GFC of mine and Gathampari from Gat's Samayal...
What friends!!! Archana has given us very healthy ingredient is it??
WILL WAITING FOR YOUR DELECTABLE AND INNOVATIVE RECIPES WITH BOTTLE GOURD & FENU GREEK !!!
Have Participate and Win the Series!!!