Hi dear friends, before going to the recipe, I would like to remind my SYS-W series, hope most of you knew about the series... The main task started from yesterday, still you can join if you want to participate, check here if you wish to join or to know about the series...
Coming to the recipe, which is very popular and delicious recipe here and never say NO for the platter? Isn’t?? The Kaima idly, its very famous, and it has different taste from hotel to hotel, like saravanabhavan kaima idli, Meenakshibhavan Kaima idli, Sree Annapoorna Kaima idli and so on... Whenever I go to the restaurant, my first prefer will be ven pongal, if its not available I used to order the Kaima Idli... Its similar to Chilli Idli, but differs in preparation, and I already posted Kadai Idli of my version...
If you want to get perfect taste of the kaima idli, it has to be in good texture, so you can refrigerate the idlies atleast 2 hours or overnight. Hot idlies will give the result of Kaima Upma..;) So use leftover cooled idlies for best results. Next stage have to deep fry the idlies, its optional but if you deep fried, can get the original taste of outer crispy and inner spongy, juicy and slight sourness from tomatoes. And one more, in restaurant, they will use veggies like peas, capsicum, carrots here I don’t add any vegetables... Kids will love the cuties a lot..
10 Minutes (Apart from Idli)
Oil – 1 Tbsp + for deep fry
Leftover Chilled Idlies – 6
Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
Onion – 2 Chopped
Fresh Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Green chillies – 2 Slited
Tomato puree – 1 Cup (I used Homemade)
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 ½ Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
CCC powder – ½ Tsp
Salt – To taste
Water – ¼ - ½ Cup (Adjust to the gravy consistency)
Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Cubed the idlies and deep fry it till golden brown and keep it in tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds after splutter it add onions, green chillies and curry leaves sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste sauté it till the raw smell goes.
- Now add tomato puree sauté it for 2 minutes then add turmeric, red chilli, coriander and CCC powder with salt sauté it for 3-4 minutes.
- It will be like thick masala, add little water to get the gravy consistency, when it starts boil add the fried idlies and stir it carefully.
- When it becomes semi-dry switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot...
- You can squeeze juice of half lemon, if tomato is sweet.
- You can add boiled peas, capsicum to give a colorful platter.
|ENJOY EVERY PIECE OF THE SPICY AND JUICY IDLIES!!!|