Hi friends, happy Sunday to you all. Hope you all enjoying your Sunday feast. I have prepared the yummy potato masala in restaurant style which was I got it from Supplementary book from Aval Vikatan. Yes! I love Aval Vikatan, my mom used to get Aval vikatan for these supplementary only... But didn’t make any dishes from there:P she just read like story books... But now its useful to me, which is contains varieties of foods to try. The recipe for Cooking from Cookbook Challenge which is initiated by +Srivalli jetti from Cooking 4 all Seasons.
The recipe which is given by Chef.Suresh not only this, totally 30 recipes are there and all are restaurant style foods. I am waiting to try some of those recipes.
I prepared the yummy potato masala in the morning for my chapathi, its not our breakfast, its our brunch... We all had our foods in 12pm only, and now am posting the recipe here. They used baby potatoes, but here demand, so used normal potato and used fresh mint leaves instead of fresh methi leaves. The tastiest potato masala for CC Challenge of the month.
Potatoes – 1/2 Kg – Boiled, peeled and diced
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon – 1” inch – 1
Cloves – 1
Cardamom – 1 Open the pod
Onion – 2 Chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Tomato puree – ½ Cup
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
Garam masala powder – ½ Tsp
Salt – To taste
Water – ½ - ¾ Cup
Mint leaves – One handful
Dry fenugreek leaves – 1 Tsp
Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom wait it for splutter and add onions sauté it for one minute, then add ginger garlic paste sauté it till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato puree and sauté it well for 2 minutes, following by add turmeric, red chilli, coriander, garam masala powder and salt to it and stir it and cook on low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Add boiled potatoes mix it once, pour water and mix it.
- Now add mint leaves and dry fenugreek leaves allow cooking for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now add cumin powder mix it once and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with chapathi or hot rice.
- You can use baby potato instead of normal.
- Add fresh methi leaves instead of mint leaves.
- In the original recipe, 1 Tbsp of butter added with the greens, but here due to health concern I avoid it. You wish can add at the stage.
- I prepared like masala, if you wish to want gravy adjust the water measurements.
|I LOVE THE TASTY ALOO...|