Hi friends, as I already said that hereafter you going to enjoy virtual sweets from my place till diwali... So started yesterday with yummy Carrot Halwa... N I can see lots n lots of sweets and savouries in my dashboard... All food bloggers are excited to try out many recipes for diwali... Enjoy dearies, really am very happy to try out these festive recipes in my hands... J
Today going to share maida biscuit/diamond biscuit, this is very popular in TamilNadu. You can see the yummy biscuit in any sweet shops, and in my native side, they will mix this biscuit in mixture n they called it as “Nei(Clarified Butter) Mixture”. Actually I don’t like mixture, but I used to pick up the biscuits alone from the mixture and have itJ. I chosen the recipe for Tamizhar Samayal Tuesday which is conducted by Nalini Suresh aka from Nalini's Kitchen.
Very easy and can make the biscuit even beginners too. Even this is my first tried and not bad it comes out very well. So I make it perfectly and why can’t you make it... Am sure you will love those cuties and it needs only 4 ingredients to make it.
Maida – 1 Cup
Powder sugar – ¼ Cup
Unsalted butter – ¼ Cup
Oil – To deep fry
- Sieve the maida add into a wide mixing bowl, add powdered sugar to it and mix it to combine well.
- Now add melted butter to it and knead it well, it will look like bread crumbs.
- Add little water to knead the dough like chapathi dough consistency.
- Cover it with kitchen towel for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai on medium-high flame.
- Divide into small balls and roll it like chapathi, using roller against on countertop or chapathi board.
- Now use knife or pizza cutter to cut the diamond shape as shown in the picture.
- Separate the each pieces carefully and deep fry in golden brown color.
- Cool it completely and store it in air-tight container.
- Use ghee or dalda (Vanaspathi) instead of butter.
- Roll it into thin and cut, if its thicker inner will be soft instead of crispy.
|ENJOY THE YUMMY BITES!!!|