Hi friends, dosas are all time favorite especially ghee roast, masala dosa, onion dosa in that order rava dosa also takes place. My first priority to masala dosa and second one is rava dosa. I love crispy rava dosa much and we used to get the crispy rava dosa in nearby Brahmin hotel, but nowadays the taste is not likely and moreover the hotel is not running now.
So here I come up with restaurant style rava dosa. I must say, to eat crispy rava roast you have to be patience J and I have lot of patience in my home, I prepared the crispy dosa to my family members and finally I got chance to taste it… Everyone needs 4-5 dosas to fill your hunger pangs, what I did I put chair nearby gas stove and prepare dosas in two tawas at the same time… Coming to the recipe...
10 + 1.30 Minutes
Source – My Sithi
Semolina/Rava – 1 Cup
Maida – ¼ Cup
Rice flour – ¼ Cup
Salt – To taste
Curry leaves – Few
Cumin seeds – 2 Tsp
Black pepper, crushed – 2 Tsp
Green chillies – 2, chopped
Hing – ¼ Tsp
Ginger, chopped – 2 Tsp
Water – 3-4 Cups
- Take wide mixing bowls add rava, maida and rice flour.
- Following by add all other ingredients except oil and mix it well after adding water without any lumps.
- Keep it in rest for 1 hour.
- Now mix it well and it will be thicken now, add little water to get thin batter.
- Heat dosa tawa on high flame, drizzle some water and you will hear hizzz sound now keep the flame on medium.
- Stir the batter and pour it small cup/tumbler, pour the batter from 5” height from the outward base of the tawa into circle shape.
- Drizzle oil and roast it both sides till turns crispy.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- Stir it every time while pour into the tawa, to avoid settling the batter at the bottom.
- Pour the batter from some height to make gaps in the dosa and it will give crispy texture.
- Add grated carrot or chopped onion to get other flavour.
- Resting time is more important to get crispier.
- If you are having any leftover keep it in refrigerator and use it as you need.
|CRISPY RAVA DOSA FOR YOU...|