Recipe of mouth watering Dahi Wada
Dahi Wada is one of the best North Indian dishes to serve before guests on Holi. Every year when Holi approaches ladies start preparing snacks, sweets and other dishes to offer guests. Dahi Wada is the perfect dish to offer as it is something different from other common dishes prepared for Holi.
- 1 cup urad dal (black lentil) without skin
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Refined Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups thick fresh yoghurt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for special wada masala
- Red chili powder to taste
- 2 tbsps cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp black salt
- 1 tbsp Chat masala
Ingredients to garnish
- 2 Inch long piece of ginger
- 2-3 green chilies
- chopped coriander leaves
- Sweet Tamarind chutney
30 minutes and additional 3 hours soaking
- After soaking urad dal for 3 hours grind it with very little amount of water to a fine paste. Beat the batter well till it become light and fluffy. Add salt to taste and baking powder and beat again.
- Test if the batter is ready- Drop a drop of batter slowly in a glass full of still water. If the batter floats on the surface it is ready to cook otherwise the batter needs to be beaten more till it passes the test.
- Simultaneously heat the oil in a frying pan while beating the batter. Place a plastic sheet wet it and places a little amount of batter like a lemon and flatten it with wet finger and drop it slowly into the oil. Similarly put the whole batter in the oil and deep fry on medium heat, then fry it on low heat till the wadas get golden brown.
- Remove them from pan and soak them in water for 15 - 20 min. Gently squeeze them to release extra water and the wadas are ready to be served.
- Pass yoghurt from muslin cloth or sieve to ensure there are no lumps in the yoghurt. Add sugar and mix well. Dry roast cumin seeds and coriander seeds, mix and grind to a fine powder.
- Finely chop the green chilies and coriander leaves to garnish, then scrap , wash and cut the ginger into juliennes as well.
How to Serve
- Put wadas after getting cold into a serving plate, pour yoghurt mixture on it evenly. Add some tamarind chutney, sprinkle wada masala, and garnish it with coriander leaves, green chilies, and ginger juliennes.
Make this Holi memorable for your guests by serving them something new dish prepared by you and be ready to get the best compliments of your life. Along with this you can also enjoy some ready to eat snacks and sweet dishes from Haldiram at affordable prices using Haldiram coupons to buy mouth watering eatables on Holi.
Find a wide range snacks, namkeens and sweets to serve before guests on Holi. Celebrate this Holi being the best host while enjoying the colors and spray guns.