Hi friends, am slowly getting back to regular blogging. This week am quite busy with cooking and baking recipes. Obviously, I love to bake/cook at any time but sometimes I feel very lazy or tired to prepare recipes. Even, I will be crazy sometimes to eat restaurant foods. Somehow I couldn't go due to various reasons like laziness, traffic tension and moreover if I go to my favorite restaurant it will be overflow with the crowd and I should wait for sometime to get place for dining, quite difficult know? Recently, I came to know about Foodpanda India, is one of leading online site for food delivery. They giving services on more than 30+cities including Chennai with popular cuisine in more than thousands of your favorite restaurants. You know, they are having very easy way to book our orders from Tabs or Smartphone apps too, how cool it is?
Here comes to the recipe, I prepared egg-free, butter-free orange chocolate cake and its vegan. The texture of the cake will be very soft, airy and delicious. Love the combo of orange flavor with the chocolate flavor. Best snacks for tea time and am sure it will be your favorite cake once you taste it...
Source – Veg Recipes of India with my addition
All purpose flour/Maida - 1 Cup
Custard powder - 1 Tbsp
Baking powder - 1/2 Tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - Pinch
Demerara sugar - 1/2 Cup
Olive oil - 1/4 Cup
Fresh orange juice - 3/4 Cup
Orange zest - 1 Tsp
Cocoa powder - 1/2 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade.
- Sift the flour, custard powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add demerara sugar and olive oil mix it well and then pour orange juice with zest and mix it well.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold the mixture gently to combine well.
- Take 1/2 cup of batter from the mixture and then add cocoa powder with it and mix it well.
- Pour the both batter into greased cake pan as I shown in the picture. And do swirls with skewer or toothpick to get marble effect.
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes. Insert tooth pick, if its clean your cake is ready.
- Cool it completely and slice it for serve...
- Add corn flour instead of custard powder.
- Original recipe calls for jaggery or powder sugar.
- Use fresh orange juice to get rich flavor.
|Click Here 1 & 2!!!|