Hi friends, here am going to post simple yet healthy curry for roti/ chapathi/ rice. Rich protein packed curry and very easy to make and love the delicious dal curry. I have sharing the post for one of my blogger friend cum sister who celebrating her birthday today, she is none other than, +Shama. She is very jovial and affectionate person, and we know each other for past one year and had good chat with her always.
WISH YOU VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAMA KA... :)
I have chosen the healthy dal fry to treat her virtually on her birthday. Hope you love it the protein packed dal for you sis. The green gram dal really tastes too good with chapathi. This is my first attempt with green gram dal and its makes me so happy with the delicious and my dad appreciates me for the recipe...:) I am sure, green gram dal also took place in my favorite menu...
10 Minutes (Apart from Soaking Time)
Source – My Own
Green gram - 1 Cup (soaked in 4 cups of water for overnight)
Ghee - 2 Tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Urad dal - 1 Tsp
Hing - 1/4 Tsp
Red chillies - 2
Green chillies - 2, slited
Shallots - 1/4 Cup, chopped
Curry leaves - Few
Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tbsp
Tomatoes - 2, chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 Tsp
Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - To taste
Water - To require
- Heat oil and ghee in pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal wait for sputter.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and shallots saute it for 2 minutes.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute it till the raw smell goes off.
- Followed by add tomatoes with little salt and cook it for 2 minutes or till the tomato turns mashy.
- Add the soaked and washed green gram, add turmeric, red chilli, coriander and garam masala powder.
- saute it well till the oil oozes out from the masala.
- Now add roasted cumin seeds and enough water mix it well and cover the pressure cooker with lid and after vapour comes put vent and let give it for 2-3 whistles.
- After pressure reduce, open the cooker add salt and mix it well and transfer into serving bowl.
- Serve it hot with roti/chapathi/rice.
- You can add little more ghee for rich taste.
- I added salt after the dal cooks, sometimes dal didn't cook well if we put salt with it.
|HEALTHY GREEN GRAM DAL FRY!!!|