Broccoli… Oh! God I was so much tempted and attracted by its texture and taste which was told by friends… But I couldn’t get the precious broccoli in my place. Even, I didn’t get the vegetables in big markets too…L Then one fine day, I found the broccoli in the grocery store where I got baking stuffs regularly. Yes! Finally I found it and moreover its organic…J They assure me that they will have stock regularly which is from Kodaikanal farm. Due to dull weather, the pictures are not good in mobile... So plz. bear with it...:)
Happily got two packs of broccoli and prepared the kurma, broccoli 65 and broccoli dal fry and all… Will post one by one… The taste of broccoli is very different to me and it was awesome. My dad loved it much. Broccoli is very healthy veggie and it can prevent cancer, heart disease. Its good for bone health, diet and its powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory one...
Source – My Own
Coconut, grated – ¼ Cup
Fennel seeds – 2 Tsp
Poppy seeds – 2 Tsp
Cashew nuts – 8-10
Fried gram dal – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon – 1” piece – 1
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 2, slited
Star anise – 1
Mustard seeds – 2 Tsp
Urad dal – 2 Tsp
Onion – ¼ Cup, chopped
Green chillies – 3-4
Curry leaves – Few
Homemade ginger garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
Tomatoes – 4, chopped
Carrot – 1, diced
Beans – 10, chopped
Broccoli florets – 2 Cups
Soy beans – ¼ Cup
Moong dal – 2 Tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 ½ Tsp
Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Grind the coconut and other ingredients in the list into smooth paste with add of little water.
- Heat oil in pressure pan; add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, star anise and wait for 30 seconds.
- Then add mustard seeds, urad dal wait for sputter.
- Add onion and green chillies sauté it till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté it till raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes to the mixture and sauté it.
- Following by add vegetables and sauté it for 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- When the oil comes out, add coconut paste mix it once and add enough water for the kurma.
- Add salt mix it well and lock the cooker and put vent after pressure comes out.
- Wait for 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
- After pressure reduces, open the lid and sprinkle garam masala powder and boil it for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with paratha or idli or dosa…
- You can add any other veggies with broccoli or you can use only broccoli too.
- Add of moong dal will give you unique taste to the kurma, if you do not like just avoid it.
- Add garam masala in the last stage, will give you nice aroma of the spices.