Biryani is very popular in our India. I never seen biryani haters, still… We all love biryanis, vegetarian people loves Veg biryani and others love NV biryani. Even, I also shared dindigul mutton biryani on my space as requests from friends and readers, it was great hit at VUV.
I have prepared coconut flavor biryani with assorted vegetables including broccoli. Broccoli are not only tasty and its very nutritious. The taste of the biryani comes out very well and flavorful. Perfect for any parties or for guests.
Source – My Friend
Basmathi rice – 2 Cup
To roast and grind
Coconut, scraped – ¼ Cup
Poppy seeds – 1 Tbsp
Fennel seeds – 1 Tbsp
Red chilli powder – 2-3 Tsp
Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
Homemade ginger garlic paste – 1 ½ Tbsp
Oil – 3 Tbsp
Bay leaves – 2
Cinnamon – 1” – 1
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 2, slited
Onion – 2, sliced
Assorted vegetables – 1 ½ Cup (I used carrot, beans, broccoli, green peas and butter beans)
Mint and Coriander leaves – One handful
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 Tsp
Pepper powder – ½ Tsp
Salt – To taste
Coconut milk – 5-6 Cups
- Dry roast coconut, poppy seeds and fennel seeds and cool it completely.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and ginger garlic paste to the coconut mixture and grind into smooth paste with little water and keep it aside.
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes and chop the all veggies.
- Heat oil in pan; add spices and then add sliced onions saute it till brown color.
- Add veggies and mint-coriander leaves and saute it for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt mix it well and sauté it for other 2 minutes.
- Now add the coconut paste mix it, let it cook for 4-5 minutes so that the masala coats well with the veggies on low flame.
- Add the coconut milk to the veggies, and then add basmathi rice and stir it well.
- Check the salt, if needed add and when it starts boil, cover with lid and keep it on low flame. Till the water reduce and switch off the flame.
- Open the cooker after the pressure reduce, and stir it gently.
- Serve hot with onion raita or gobi 65.
You can use seeraga samba rice instead of basmathi rice.
Use fresh coconut milk for flavorful biryani, if not available can use coconut milk.