Hi friends, I know most of us love deep fried foods, is it?? Yeah! I too love deep fried snacks, but due to health conscious most of us controlling ourselves, but some extent we couldn't control…So I add healthy ingredient to it at least, it has little amount of nutritious..;)
I want to prepare onion pakodas, I love pakodas all the time, Divya Pramil from You Too Can Cook offered me Keerai Pakoda as her guest post in myspace . It was so appealing and am yet to try those pakodas with keerai. But now I prepared with beetroot, yes! Beetroot Pakoda, it will be good colourful, scrumptious and crispy pakoda…
We all enjoyed the pakodas and even kids too love this much.
Besan Flour – ½ Cup
Rice Flour – ¼ Cup
Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
Hing – 1 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1-2 Tsp
Ginger – 1 Tsp finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2 finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Onion – 3 finely chopped
Beet root – 1 Cup grated
Salt – As per taste
Baking Soda – 1/8 Tsp (Optional)
Oil – To deep fry
- Take a wide bowl; add all the ingredients except baking soda and oil knead it well, if you add baking soda add 1/8 Tsp with 1 Tbsp of water and add it to the mixture and mix it well.
- Heat enough oil in a pan medium to high flame.
- Pinch small amount of dough into the hot oil and deep fry medium to high flame until turns crispy.
- Take it from the pan and keep it in tissue paper and serve it hot with your lunch or have as Tea Time Snacks.
- Baking soda is purely optional, it adds to get soft inside.
- Hing is recommended, because besan flour may cause acidity so hing will relieve the effect.
- Water is not need, as water content from beetroot and onion is enough to make correct consistency dough.
|CRISPY, SCRUMPTIOUS AND COLORFUL BEETROOT PAKODA!!!|