Hi dear friends, hope you all enjoyed your weekends. Nowadays, I couldn't post or blog hop regularly due to my network problem, am so feel guilty, plz forgive me for not able to visit or comment properly… Hope hereafter, the network won’t down for me, surely I will visit your spaces… N Thanks friends for visit and commented on my space regularly, really I got motivated with your visits and comments…
Coming to the recipe, its very healthy and tempting kootu which is prepared with PONNANGANNI KEERAI, yes! Very healthy and am sure you all love this kootu even kid’s love the combo… I am very picky eater from my childhood, so my mom struggled so much to feed healthy foods on me. But luckily, I love keerai items much than any other vegetables, so I often keep on telling to my mom buy keerai, mostly my mom used to make masiyal or kootu for me and my brother.
About Ponnangannai Keerai
Ponnanganni Keerai (Dwarf Copperleaf/Alternanthera sessilis), its an aquarium plant which is occurs around the world. The leaves are used as a vegetable. Young shoots and leaves are eaten as a vegetable in Southeast Asia.
Greens are 20% more nutritious than the vegetables. The Ponnanganni keerai is specialised than other greens, which is having more medicinal properties. It has 2 types of greens, one is native ponnanganni (Green type – I used), other one is pink in color which is called as English Ponnanganni or Seemai Ponnanganni.
- It regulates the blood sugar level in the blood.
- Iron rich, phosphorous, protein, Vitamin A, B & C.
- It cools the body.
- Its good for heart, brain, lungs, stomach and spleen
- And cure the haemorrhoids.
Moong dal – ½ Cup
Oil – 2 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Dry Red chillies – 5-6 broken
Shallots - 15
Salt – As per taste
Ponnanganni keerai - 1 Bunch (Washed and Chopped)
- First cook the moongdal with 2 cups of water in a pan.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a other pan, add mustard, urad dal wait for splutter.
- Add red chillies and shallots and saute it till transparent.
- Switch off the flame.
- Check the dal is cooked or not, add the tempered onion to the cooked dal pan and stir it well.
- Now add chopped greens/keerai to the dal and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Don't cover the pan with lid else the greens will turn dark.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with rice.
- You can follow the same procedure for other greens like pink ponanganni keerai, kumuti keerai, Kuppameni Keerai, etc.
- Don't cover the greens with lid; it will turn dark in color.
|VERY HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS KOOTU!!!|