Hi friends, today am sharing simple recipe but am sure all of you love it… Potato recipes are always welcome to our menu, so I prepared the yummy potato curry with tomato and cumin flavored. Its best side dish for lemon rice and rotis…
Source – My Own
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Cumin seeds – 2 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Dry red chilli – 1
Curry leaves – Few
Green chillies – 2
Onion – 1, chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Potatoes – 2, wash, peeled and chopped
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ Tsp
Kuzhambu chilli powder – 1 Tsp
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Water – To require
Salt – To taste
Roasted cumin powder – ½ Tsp
Black pepper powder – ¼ Tsp
- Heat oil in pan; add cumin seeds, mustard and urad dal wait for sputter.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies sauté it.
- Add onion and sauté it for a minute, followed by add ginger garlic paste sauté it till raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped potatoes with salt, sauté it and allow cooking for 5 minutes by cover with the lid on low flame.
- Now add turmeric, red chilli and kuzhambu chilli powder into a bowl, add little water and make it into paste.
- Add the paste to the potato sauté it till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add tomatoes, salt with required water and allow cooking till the water reduced into gravy consistency.
- Now add roasted cumin seed and pepper powder stir it and sauté it for 5 minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with lemon rice or paratha…
- Pepper powder is optional.
- Peel off skin is optional.
- Making the spice paste will ease of coating and enhance the taste.
|Delicious and Yummy Aloo....|