Indian style masala pasta is my favorite. I tried some varieties of pasta, and bored to make it again so I got the idea of making pasta butter masala… Yes! You read it right, its PASTA butter masala, prepared the rich gravy and tossed the boiled pasta will give you tooth some taste. I love the version much and am gonna make it often.
Its nice twist to the regular pasta and especially for who loves Indian flavors. Kids too enjoy the rich creamy pasta. In my pasta list, the fusion pasta occupies the top priority… Let’s check how to make the creamy and delightful pasta…
Source – My Own
Pasta – 2 Cup
Butter – 1 ½ Tbsp
Onion paste – ¼ Cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Tomato puree – ½ Cup (I used 3 Tomatoes)
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 ½ Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
Water – ¼ Cup
Almond cashew paste – 2 Tbsp (grind almond and cashew in little milk)
Fresh cream – 1 Tbsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 Tsp
Pepper powder – ½ Tsp
Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Boil the pasta as per instructions in the pack and wash with cold water, drain and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in the pan; after melts add onion paste and ginger garlic paste sauté it well.
- Then add tomato puree and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Next add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt sauté it till the raw smell goes off.
- Add little water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Then add almond cashew paste and fresh cream mix it well.
- Now add roasted cumin seed powder allow cooking for another 1 minute.
- Now add the pasta into the gravy, gently mix it and allow cooking for 2 minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it…
- You can use any shapes of pasta to the gravy.
- If you do not want rich flavor, avoid milk and cream and use oil instead of butter. But I recommend to try once the rich version.
- The gravy should be in saucy consistency, so that it coats well with the pasta.
Interested in other Pasta or Macaroni Recipes???
- Beets Pasta Kheer (Guest post)
- Farfalle Pasta – Indo Chinese
- Spaghetti Pasta Biryani
- Tomato pasta sauce – Indian style
- Tomato Spaghetti Pasta – Fusion