Orange cake is never fails to give good texture and taste to the cake. It is egg-free, butter-free cake with fresh orange juice and almond powder. The cake comes out very nicely with the flavor of orange and almonds. The cake is vegan and not glaze. Finally glazed with chocolates gives awesome and great hit at my home…
The cake is probably one of the best cakes to ever come out of my oven. It has a perfect crumb and incredibly moist. After the chocolate glaze, it has citrusy, sweet and chocolatey. The add of salt enhances the citrus flavor and sweetness from the cake.
Source – vegkitchen
APF/Maida – ¾ Cup
Whole wheat flour/Atta – ½ Cup
Baking powder – ¼ Tsp
Baking soda – 1 Tsp
Salt – ½ Tsp
Almond powder – ½ Cup
Light brown sugar, powdered – ¾ Cup
Olive oil – 1/3 Cup
Apple cider vinegar/Vinegar – 1Tbsp
Orange juice – 1Cup
Orange zest – 1 Tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 Tsp
*I halved the above measurements
Milk – 2 Tbsp
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Dark chocolate, chopped – ¼ Cup
Icing sugar – 1/3-1/2 Cup
Vanilla essence – ¼ Tsp
- Preheat the oven @ 180̊ C for 10 minutes.
- Grease the cake pan with greased butter and dust with maida or line with parchment paper.
- Sieve maida, atta, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Add almond powder and whisk it thoroughly to aerate the flour.
- Add light brown sugar, olive oil, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla essence to the bowl and mix it well.
- Pour the wet mixture to the center of flour mixture.
- Gently fold with spatula into smooth batter.
- Pour the batter to the cake pan.
- Bake it for 40-43 minutes or until turn golden brown or insert toothpick to the cake and it should be comes out clean.
- Run knife on the sides of the pan, unmold the cake and cool it in cooling wire rack.
- Add butter and milk into a MW proof bowl.
- MW high for 30 seconds and take it out.
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix it till smooth.
- Add icing sugar and vanilla essence to the chocolate and mix it well.
- Glaze is ready.
- Keep the cake on a plate and pour the chocolate glaze over the cake.
- Garnish with almond powder and almonds or as your wish…
- Slice it and serve it…
- I used light brown sugar instead of white sugar.
- Powder the whole almonds into coarse powder and use it.
- Use freshly squeezed orange juice for perfect taste.
- Prepare chocolate glaze before going to pour on the cake, else the glaze will be thicken like fudge icing.