Hi friends, mostly morning breakfast is very important to start the energetic day... But we usually have idli, dosa, chapathi, upma and etc... Every time when we make idli or dosa, the next question will be what is the side dishes?? There are common chutneys which will made often such as coconut chutney, tomato chutney, onion chutney, mint chutney and peanut chutney etc... The majority will be the coconut chutney, but often having the chutney will be bore... Right??
Hence, yesterday I made the capsicum chutney with dash of peanuts. This is first time made and it was come out really very well and great hit in my home... Am sure, from now on I will make this often...
Oil – 2 Tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Chana dal – 1 Tsp
Shallots – 10
Garlic – 10
Green chillies – 5
Coriander leaves – Few
Capsicum/Green bell pepper – 1 Large seeded and chopped
Tamarind – 1 inch piece
Salt – To taste
Peanuts – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Dry Curry leaves – Few
- Heat oil in a pan; add cumin seeds, urad dal and chana dal roast it for 30 seconds.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes or the raw smell goes off.
- Add green chillies and coriander leaves stir for one minute.
- Then capsicum, tamarind and salt sauté it well till the capsicum cooks, it will take 3-4 minutes.
- Now add peanuts sauté it for 2 minutes then switch off the flame.
- Cool it completely and grind it with little amount of water into smooth paste.
- Serve it with hot idlies or dosa...
- You can use your favorite color of capsicum (Red, Green or Yellow).
- Coriander leaves is optional, but I added for the extra green color and flavour.
- You can one tomato to this to get different taste.
|Enjoy the yummy and flavorful Chutney!!!|