Hi friends, I have no recipes in my draft… Last week, I didn’t prepare anything for the blog baby, and yesterday only got time to click some photos… Its very easy and simple but healthy vegetable is none other than Bitter Gourd/Karele/Paavarkaai…
Bitter Gourd – 2 Large
Oil – 1-2 Tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Red chilli powder – 3 Tsp
Salt – To taste
- Wash and cut the bitter gourd into thin slices as I shown in the picture.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add the bitter gourds and sauté in medium to high flame for 5 minutes; don’t forget to stir it often.
- Then, keep the flame on low add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix it well, till the masala coats well with bitter gourd.
- Cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 15 minutes; stir it every 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve it hot with sambhar rice or paruppu rice.
- Don’t wash the bitter gourd after slice it, because it will get more bitter when wash it after slice it.
- You can add coriander powder and little amount of garam masala too.
- You can replace the red chilli powder with sambhar powder.
|Have some healthy bitter gourd stir fry!!!|