Hi friends, hope you all enjoyed the weekend. The year, 2013 is going to complete, right? The year has got over very fast. I hope you all planned for Christmas and New Year celebrations… I have announced Show Your Styles to the World – SYS-W series on SYS-W FB group. Members will be knowing that, if you also want to participate on the series, plz leave you FB id on comment box. This month will be sweets/desserts special to send off 2013 and Christmas festival.
Lunch - Rice Varities
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Bay leaves – 2 small
Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
Onion – ½ Cup Chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
Green chillies – 4 Slited
Coriander leaves – A handful
Mint leaves – A handful
Cauliflower – 20 florets
Carrot – 2 (Peeled and chopped lengthy)
French Beans – 7-8 (Cleaned the fibre and chopped lengthy)
Dry Green peas – ½ Cup (Soaked and drained)
CCC powder – 2 Tsp
Red chilli powder – 2-3 Tsp
Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
Salt – To Taste
Coconut Milk – 3 Cup (Rice:Milk - 1:3)
- Soak the basmati rice for 20 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan; add bay leaves and fennel seeds wait it for splutter.
- Add onions and sauté it for 2 minutes, following by add ginger garlic paste sauté it till the raw aroma goes off.
- Now add green chillies and coriander, mint leaves sauté it for one minute.
- Add soaked green peas then add CCC powder mix it well and cover the pan with lid for 2 minutes.
- Then add cauliflower florets, carrot and beans stir it well, then add red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt sauté it for 3 minutes then keep the flame on low and cover the pan with lid for 10-15 minutes or the oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Now pour coconut milk and check for the spicy and salt, if needs add in this stage then keep the flame on high.
- When it starts boiling add soaked basmati rice and allow it to boil, keep the flame on low when its starts boiling and cover the pan with lid.
- Let it cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes or the water content goes off. You can check by inserting flat ladle in center of the pan, if the water present on the bottom, let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and don’t open the lid, let it stands for 15 minutes.
- Then mix it up and serve it hot with your favorite side dishes…
- You can use seeraga samba rice instead of basmati rice to get unique taste.
- Can replace green peas with dried green peas.
- If CCC powder is not with you no worries, add one 1” cinnamon stick, 2 gloves and 3 cardamom with ginger garlic while grinding for Ginger garlic paste.
- You can use tin coconut milk, but fresh coconut milk will always good for biryani.
- For close pot method, refer Soya Beans BIRYANI recipe.
|ENJOY THE FLAVORFUL DELICIOUS BIRYANI!!!!|