Hi friends, I come up with simple yet delicious gravy for chapathi/naan. I already said that each and every time I will prepare different gravies, and this time has prepared green peas gravy with flavored of coriander leaves and No tomatoes…
I have seen the yummy recipe from Hindi Cookery show by famous chef Sanjeev Kapoor, he prepared the gravy with turnip but I did with peas with my alteration, for chapathi… I posting the recipe for Cooking from Cookbook Challenge which is conducted by +Srivalli Jetti for CC Challenge of the month
Source – Cookery Show
Dry green peas – 1 Cup (soaked overnight)
Coriander leaves – 1 Cup
Mint leaves – ¼ Cup
Green chillies – 3
Almonds – 10
Cashews – 5
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon – 1” piece – 1
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 2, slited
Stone flower/Kal Paasi – 2
Shallots – ¼ Cup, Chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 ½ Tsp
Roasted cumin powder – ½ Tsp
Black pepper powder – ¼ Tsp
Water – To require
Salt – To taste
Rice powder – 1 Tsp
- Blend the ingredients under the grind option, with little water into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in pan; add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and kal pasi sauté it few seconds, then add shallots sauté it.
- Then add ginger garlic paste sauté it till raw smell goes off.
- Add green peas, followed by add turmeric, red chilli, coriander powder and salt stir it once and allow cooking on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now add the green paste sauté it then add roasted cumin powder and black pepper powder sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Add required water to immerse the peas and lock with pressure cooker lid and keep it for 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
- Open the lid after pressure reduces it; mix the rice flour with 2 Tbsp of water and pour the mixture to the gravy and cook it for 2 minutes then off the flame.
- Serve it hot with chapathi…
- You can add your favorite vegetables with peas.
- Nuts are optional, you can avoid it if your not like the nutty flavor.
|YUMMY AND HEALTHY GREEN GREEN PEAS GRAVY...|