Hi friends, nowadays we prefer healthy recipes more, so adding more millets and grains in our menu. But one thing, I love to make recipes with these healthy stuffs, very interesting and tasty too. In our home, we 98% avoided white rice, using full of millets and grains only. I interested to do more innovative recipes with these…
Kavuni arisi (Black Rice), which is very popular in chettinad, they usually make sweet pongal with the rice and its specially served in marriages. I have shared the kavuni rice pongal, superb in taste and I recommend you all to try it. Adai is our traditional and healthy food, so here I have tried it with kavuni rice and the taste and texture comes out so good and we love it a lot. If you are bored with normal adai you can try this and it will give satisfaction to your tummy and mind… I have shared red rice barley adai too…
20 Minutes (Except Soaking)
Source – My Own
Kavuni arisi/Black rice – 1 Cup
Raw rice – ¼ Cup
Chana dal – 2 Tbsp
Toor dal – 2 Tbsp
Urad dal – 2 Tbsp
Moong dal – 2 Tbsp
Fennel seeds – 2 Tsp
Garlic – 5-9 pods
Ginger – 1”
Dry red chillies – 12-15
Oil – 2 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Hing – ¼ Tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Onion – 2, chopped
Salt – To taste
- Soak the black rice overnight.
- Soak the raw rice and lentils together for 4-5 hours.
- Wash the both rice and lentil mixture and drain it and mix it together.
- Take the blender adds red chillies, ginger, garlic and fennel seeds and blend it.
- Add half of the rice dal mixture to the blender and add little amount of water; blend it well till coarse paste.
- Transfer into the bowl and blend the remaining mixture into coarse batter and pour into the bowl.
- Now heat oil in pan; add mustard, urad dal seeds, then add hing and curry leaves wait for sputter.
- Add onions and sauté it tills translucent with add of salt.
- Add the mixture into the adai batter and check with salt and consistency.
- It should be like idli batter consistency, so adjust with little water.
- Heat dosa tawa, add a ladle of batter and spread then drizzle with oil and cook both sides.
- Serve it hot with your favorite chutneys…
|VERY HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS CRISP AND SOFT BLACK RICE PANCAKE...|