Hi friends, nowadays healthy breakfast are most welcome to kick start the energetic day. I have prepared the multi lentil, rice adai/crepe. It should be very nutritious and filling as it contains many healthy rice like barley, red rice and mixed of dals, so full of protein packed.
I bough barley nearly 6 months back, but I couldn't do any recipe with it and it was on my refrigeration. I tried ven pongal with barley, but I felt its bland then got the idea form +Sangee aks and I have tried the recipe which is very delicious, soft and filling crepe/adai. Thanks Sangee aks for the recipe suggestion. Its one way of hidden healthy recipe for poor eater/kids... Sending the post for VT-Vegan Thursday which is the brainchild of +Priya akka from Priya’s Versatile Recipes.
30 Minutes (Apart from Soaking)
Source – Spicy Treats + My idea
Barley – ¼ Cup
Red rice – ¼ Cup
Raw rice – ¼ Cup
Chana dal – ¼ Cup
Toor dal – 2 Tbsp
Urad dal – 2 Tbsp
Moong dal – 2 Tbsp
Fennel seeds – 2 Tsp
Garlic – 5-9 pods
Ginger – 1”
Dry red chillies – 12-15
Oil – 2 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Hing – ¼ Tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Onion – 2, chopped
Salt – To taste
- Soak the rice and lentils together for 4-5 hours.
- Take the blender add red chillies, ginger, garlic and fennel seeds and then half of the lentil.
- Wash the rice dal mixture and drain it. Add half of the amount to the blender and add little amount of water; blend it well till coarse paste.
- Transfer into the bowl and blend the remaining mixture into coarse batter and pour into the bowl.
- Now heat oil in pan; add mustard, urad dal seeds, then add hing and curry leaves wait for sputter.
- Add onions and sauté it tills translucent with add of salt.
- Add the mixture into the adai batter and check with salt and consistency.
- It should be like idli batter consistency, so adjust with little water.
- Heat dosa tawa, add a ladle of batter and spread then drizzle with oil and cook both sides.
- Serve it hot with your favorite chutneys…
|HEALTHY, TASTY AND FILLING ADAI!!!|