Hi friends, sambhar is very needy for our breakfast like idli, dosa, pongal etc… But it takes quite some time to cook dal and then have to temper. I got to see the instant sambhar which is prepared with pottu kadalai (Fried gram dal), in Spicy Treats of +Sangeetha aks. I kept the sambhar in my memory, and I got chance to try out yesterday only. So, I go through the recipe and instantly prepared the sambhar.
I have prepared poori and poori masala, varagu idli, sambhar and coconut chutney for our breakfast. My mom usually will prepare tiffin sambhar for breakfast, and this time, we all loved the instant sambhar and even kids too love it a lot with soft idlies. My dad too praised me for the yummy sambhar. Am sure, I gonna include the sambhar often in our menu… I have posting the delicious lip smacking sambhar to Tamizhar Samayal Tuesday of Nalini's Kitchen.
Source – Spicy Treats
To roast and grind
Oil – 1 Tsp
Dry red chillies – 4
Coriander seeds – 1 Tbsp
Shallots/Sambhar onion – 10
Tomato – 1, chopped
Fried gram dal/Pottukadalai – 3 Tbsp
Oil – 2-3 Tbsp
Fenugreek seeds – ¼ Tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Hing – ¼ Tsp
Shallots – 10
Curry leaves – Few
Tomato – 1, chopped
Salt – To taste
Water – To require
Coriander leaves – Few
- Heat oil in pan; add coriander seeds and red chillies sauté it for a minute and then add shallots and tomatoes sauté it till the tomato turns mushy.
- Now add pottukadalai to it and cool it completely.
- Blend the mixture with water into smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan; add fenugreek, cumin seeds and roast it then add mustard and urad dal wait for sputter.
- Add shallots and sauté it till transparent.
- Now add veggies and sauté it for one minute, then add turmeric powder and salt sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sauté it till turns mushy and then add pottukadalai paste with required water.
- Check salt and allow boiling for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and spread coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with idli/dosa/pongal…
- You can add tamarind extract if you love tangy flavour.
- Add your favourite veggies, to the yummy sambhar.
|VERY JUICY AND YUMMY FRIED GRAM DAL SAMBHAR...|