Hi friends, sambhar is must in every south Indian home at least twice in a week. We used to make sambhar for idli/dosa, ven pongal and rice. All time favorite and we love to have it in our routine menu. Drumstick and mango sambhar is one of the most favorite one which will be so aromatics of these two veggies. I prepared the mangai murungai sambhar with homemade sambhar powder, which come out really superb in taste and flavor.
Here is the recipe for the simplest yet delicious sambhar which suits for breakfast and lunch too.
10 Minutes (Apart from dal cooked)
Source – My own
Toor dal – 1 Cup, cooked in 3 Cup of water with ¼ turmeric powder and 1 Tsp castor oil upto 3 whistles.
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1 Tsp
Cumin seeds – 2 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Dry red chillies – 1, broken
Hing – ¼ Tsp
Shallots – 15-20
Curry leaves – Few
Green chillies – 4, slited
Tomatoes – 3, chopped
Drumstick – 1 cup
Raw mango – 4, medium pieces
Brinjal/Egg plant – 10
Homemade sambhar powder – 3-4 Tsp (According to your taste)
Tamarind extract – ¼ Cup
Salt – To taste
Coriander leaves – Few
- Heat oil in pan, add fenugreek, cumin, mustard and urad dal wait for sputter.
- Add red chillies and hing, following by add shallots and curry leaves, sauté it till translucent.
- Add green chillies and drumsticks and sauté it.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and sauté it till the tomato turns mushy.
- Add homemade sambhar powder and salt sauté it till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the dal cooked water, tamarind extract and allow boiling for 10 minutes, cover with the lid.
- Check the drumstick is cooked or not by seeing it, if the center will expand its cooked, now add mangoes and brinjals and allow cooking for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Finally add the cooked toor dal, and mixes it well allow cooking for 5 minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot rice…
- I added little amount of tamarind extract, because added mangoes will gives tangy.
- You can substitute with your favorite veggies.
|Yummy Mango Drumstick Sambhar!!!|