Hi friends, nowadays, am taking beetroot frequently in our menu, the reason is I would like to get the nutrition from it... But not in straightway, yes, I already told that I am not a beetroot fan, but its making me prepare different recipes from it... So I too interested to try out new recipes with these colorful roots...
I already tried and tasted, Beetroot Pulao, Beetroot rava kesari, Beetroot Pakoda and now Beetroot poori, surely you can expect more beetroot recipes here in future...
And am sure, you cannot find out the taste of the beetroot in the poori, so you can give it your kids if they are not fan of the root. It will be in cool pink color so kids surely love the Pink Poori...
Whole wheat flour – 1 ½ Cup
Salt – ½ Tsp
Oil – 1 Tsp
Beetroot Juice – 1 Cup (Peel, Chop and grind one medium beetroot with ¼ cup of water and extract the juice without *pulp)
- Take a big wide bowl; add whole wheat flour, salt, oil and enough beetroot juice knead it well into chapathi dough consistency.
- Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat enough oil for deep fry.
- Make equal small balls in the dough, and roll into a circle using rolling pin in chapathi making board or counter top.
- Deep fry it and serve it with Kurma...
- You can use smooth pulp with juice or you can add the pulp in dosa batter to make beetroot dosa.
|PINKY, CRISPY, TASTY AND HOT BEETROOT POORI!!!|