Hi dear friends, last two Saturday’s am posting basic recipes, so I thought that hereafter I will post basic recipe on Saturdays, I don’t know whether its possible on every week, but I will post my level best...
Today’s post is not a recipe, which is very easy to use and healthy supplementary when we don’t have, or not available the fresh one of these ingredients...
We used to keep stock of the dry curry leaves, as its very handy too temper chutneys, making of idli podies and other recipes. Likewise, dry methi leaves is also very handy which is used in dal, sambhar and other gravies too.
You can prepare these leaves in a jiffy and can store it in dry air-tight container for long time as it has long shelf life.
DRY CURRY LEAVES & METHI LEAVES
Curry leaves – 1 Bunch
Methi leaves – 1 Bunch
- Pick the leaves from the stem and keep it in a bowl.
- Wash the leaves with 2-3 times with water in floating water or running tap water.
- Drain it and keep it in microwave plate and spread it as shown in the picture.
- Microwave high (100 P) for 8-10 minutes.
- If you touch the leaves it will be crisp or keep it again for 1-2 minutes, not more than that, else it will burn.
- Cool it and store it in air-tight container.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER BASIC RECIPES, HERE...