Hi friends, today's post for Vegan Thursday, as you all know that the event initiated by the great blogger aka akka +Priya Suresh... Every 1st and 4th Thursday you can post your vegan recipes with the VT logo.
|Sorry for the spelling mistake in the tamil form...|
Coming to the recipe, actually am posting the recipe in a rush, because past two days I was busy with some other works, so I couldn't get enough time for my blog... Even I didn't prepare vegan recipe, and thinking to skip the week, but gracefully, I have one recipe ready to post in my draft..
Cleaning of plantain in a brief
- It may take half-one hour to clean. The flower has many petal each petal having many florets which look like banana.
- so first remove one petal, now you can see the bunch of florets, pict out from it and lightly rub in your palm
- then you can see the large vein and rubber type of fiber remove and discard it.
- Do this method after removing each petals and as you go inside the florets size will be vary.
10 Minutes (Apart from cleaning the florets and soaking the dal)
Vazhaipoo/Plantain Flower - 1 (Cleaned the stem and fiber and washed)
Channa dal - 1 Cup (Soaked for 2 hours)
Onion - 1/2 Cup Chopped
Curry leaves - 15
Red chillies - 10-12 or adjust with your spicy taste
Green Chillies - 2
Fennel seeds - 2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Tsp
Fried gram/Pottu kadalai - 1 Tbsp
Garlic - 10-12
Ginger - 1" piece one
Grated coconut - 2 Tbsp
Salt - To taste
- Take a blender add the chilles, fried gram, ginger garlic, coconut and spices and grind it once into coarse.
- Then add chana dal and blend it into coarse.
- Now add onions and curry leaves with plantain flowers.
- Grind it into coarse mixture, if you need just sprinkle water don't pour water to it.
- Check the salt and adjust and transfer into a wide bowl.
- Heat enough oil for deep fry.
- Now take a small ball size dough, roll it and deep fry the balls till it changes the golden brown in medium-high flame.
- Serve it hot with coffee/tea or you can have it with hot rice.
|Super Crispy kola is ready.... |