Hi friends, am here with my SNC post after some long gap. Sorry Divy and hosts for my absence in few previous challenges. I really missed the previous challenges and from now on I started again to enjoy the every recipe from SNC…
I know introduction to SNC is no need to anyone, mostly we all aware of it but in case some new bloggers may not know the event, so briefly I will tell about this challenge.
INTRODUCTION OF CHALLENGE
CHALLENGE NAME – SOUTH VS NORTH CHALLENGE (SNC)
CONDUCTED BY - DIVYA PRAMIL – YOU TOO CAN COOK - INDIAN FOOD RECIPES
WHEN - EVERY MONTH 1-31ST
BENEFITS - You can learn new and authentic regional recipes from
and Get points for taking challenge. India
Hope you all clear about the concept and other details.. Want to join in SNC... Then no further delay just ping mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SOUTH vs NORTH CHALLENGE MAIN PAGE
- CHALLENGE BY SOUTH TEAM – Sowmya – Kambu Dosai
- CHALLENGE BY NORTH TEAM – Santhosh Bangar – Mawa Gujiya
As I am from southern team, so have to prepare the mawa gujiya. We used to taste the gujiya from local bakeries here. But after sometimes, I really dislike the gujiya which was really bad in taste. So we did not buy it again. After seeing the gujiya, I tempted to taste it and no further delay, I prepared it and it came out really very well.
In my place, ready-made khoya is demand and not enough
time patience to make it at home, so I prepared
instant mawa using milk powder and continue the process and it really tasted
I also post the recipe for Let’s Brunch on Sunday which is conducted by +Priya and +veena akka on every 2nd and 4th Sunday.
SOURCE – Santhosh’s Kitchen
To Outer Cover
Maida/APF – 1 Cup
Hot oil – ½ Tbsp
Salt – ¼ Tsp
Water – To knead
Maida – 1 Tbsp
Water – 1 Tbsp
Homemade Instant khoya – 50 g
Powder sugar – 50 g
Coconut, scraped – 2 Tbsp
Almonds, sliced – 1 Tbsp
Cardamom powder – ½ Tsp
Oil – To deep fry
- Take the maida in a wide bowl, and add hot oil, rub with your fingers and mix it well.
- Pour enough water to knead the dough smoothly and cover it with kitchen towel for an hour.
- Mix the 1 Tbsp of maida and water together into a paste to seal the gujiya later.
- Heat a pan; add khoya to the pan and fry it till turns golden brown. Then add grated coconut, almond flakes, cardamom, sugar and mix it well and keep it aside.
- Now take the maida and divide into equal balls, and keep it on dusted flour counter top, and then roll it thinly by using rolling pin.
- Cut into circle shape by using any lid or round ring, to get equal shape.
- Place enough filling on center of the dough and apply the sealing on one side of the circle.
- Fold and seal it tightly, use fork to seal it and press it tightly.
- Meantime, heat enough oil in pan for deep fry.
- Fry the gujiyas till golden brown and keep it in absorbent paper to remove excess oil
- Serve it hot.
- You can use fresh made khoya/mawa or store bought one too.
- For instant mawa/khoya recipe, refer the link I have given.
- You can store the gujiyas for a week in air tight container.
- I didn’t add raisins, if you like you can add it.
Thanks Santhosh for taught this yummiest mawa gujiya for us…
Thanks Divy (Divya Pramil) for given opportunity to take part of this wonderful challenge.