Hi friends, poori masala is all time favourite from kids to aged people. I love very much the combination of poori and the potato masala. I have prepared the delicious masala with mini poori as special breakfast for kids… Even we too have the mini poori with the kizhangu masala. I do not how many pooris had with the potato subji J
Kids will enjoy the mini pooris with the masala, they ask again and again. In my school days, my mom used to prepare poori masala for breakfast but I had packed it for lunch too...
Source – My Mom
Potatoes – 2, big – boil, peel and chopped
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Chana dal – 1 Tsp
Mustard dal – 2 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Hing – ¼ Tsp
Ginger, chopped – 1 Tbsp
Green chillies – 2-3, chopped
Curry leaves – Few
Shallots – ¼ Cup, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Salt – To taste
Bengal gram flour – 1 Tbsp
Water – ¼ Cup
Sambhar powder – ½ Tsp (Optional)
Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Heat oil in pan; add chana dal, mustard and urad dal wait for sputter.
- Add hing, ginger sauté it for few seconds.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies sauté it, following by add shallots and sauté it till transparent.
- Add tomatoes and then add turmeric powder and salt sauté it till the tomato turns mushy.
- Then add chopped potatoes sauté it.
- Mix the Bengal gram flour with water without any lumps and then add the mixture to the masala and mix it well.
- Add required water and if you want spicier add sambhar powder and mix it well and allow cooking on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with hot pooris…
- If you do not have Bengal gram (Kadalai maavu), add rice flour or corn flour to the mixture to get thicken masala.
- Sambhar powder will give spicier taste, its purely optional.
|ENJOY THE YUMMY POORI MASALA WITH MINI POORI....|
Taste other Poori varieties with the poori masala....