Vegetable pulao is mild spice flavor, colorful and delicious Indian rice. I love restaurant vegetable pulao, the rice and vegetables will looking so attractive and tempting. Mostly we used to prepare pressure cooker pulao or biryani to get the work ease at busy time at the same time to taste rich and flavorful pulao. Kids will love the pulao much as it has colorful look, their favorite vegetable not much spices, so its perfect for them and even lunch box too…
Pulao is easy to make in pressure cooker and soon I plan to make the pulao in open pot too… Pulao with gobi 65 or broccoli 65 are perfect combination.
Source – My Own
Basmati rice – 2 Cup
Shallots – 10-15 medium
Green chillies – 4-5
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Bay leaves – 2
Cinnamon – 1” - 2
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 3, slited
Star anise – 1
Kalpasi – 2-3
Cumin seeds – 2 Tsp
Onion – 3, chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
Tomatoes – 3, chopped
Carrot – 1, sliced
Beans – 10, chopped
Soya beans – ½ Cup
Butter beans – ½ Cup
Salt – To taste
Water – 3 Cups
Coriander leaves - To garnish
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop all the vegetables and keep it aside.
- Blend shallots and green chillies into coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker; add all the spices one by one as listed above.
- Sauté till the aroma gets and then add shallots sauté till transparent.
- Add shallot-green chill paste and ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add vegetables and beans and sauté it with little salt.
- Now add tomatoes to the mixture and sauté till the oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Drain the rice and add it to the mixture, gently mix it well and keep the flame on low.
- Let the rice coats with spices and vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Now add boiling water to the rice and cover the cooker with lid and keep it for 2 whistles and then switch off the flame.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes and then release pressure to open, stir it with fork to avoid breaking rice.
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with your favorite accompaniment…
- If you wish you can add ghee instead of oil.
- Add your favourite veggies, instead of soy and butter beans add green peas too.
- Water and rice ratio is important to get correct texture of the rice, so add water according to the rice quantity.
- Coconut milk instead of water will give you unique taste.
- If you love nuts add ghee roasted nuts with while serving.