Hi friends, Today I came with very healthy and sugar free butter free cake which is so tasty and healthy...
The taste of the cake is very different compared to our normal cake... But we thoroughly enjoyed the taste of the cake, the sweetness of the cake too very mild can feel the taste of coco, jaggery n honey... Awesome cake it was!!!
I learnt the recipe from one of my sweet friend n akka Divya Prakash from Divya's Culinary Journey... She is having very delectable and unique recipes in her space...
Indian - Tamil Nadu
Source - Divya's Culinary Journey - I modified only one thing.
Whole wheat flour - 1/4 Cup
Ragi flour - 2 Tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 Tsp
Coco Powder - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Vegetable Oil - 2 Tbsp
Grated Jaggery - 2 Tbsp
Honey - 2 Tbsp
Milk + Vinegar - 3 1/2 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp (Mix it and keep it for 5 minutes)
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Tsp
- Pre heat the oven @ 180 Degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Sift whole wheat flour, ragi flour, baking soda and coco powder.
- Take a wide bowl add oil, grated jaggery, honey stir it well.
- Now add milk vinegar mixture and vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix it well and pour it in greased baking tray.
- Bake it for 20-25 Minutes (Mine got baked in 20 Minutes) and cool it completely.
- Decorate with your creativity and serve it...
Very yummy cake!!!
QUICK VIEW RECIPE CARD!!!
- Add jaggery according to your sweet taste.
- Original recipe baked with yogurt and milk but I don't like yogurt so I replace with Milk with Vinegar.
- You can use Yogurt (3 Tbsp) and milk (1 Tbsp) instead of it.
Sending to the Event...