Hello dear friends, am really very happy to post the recipe for HBC-Home Baker’s Challenge. My most excited time is arrived to post my cookies and see all HBC people’s cookies…J
Hope you all no need introduction for Home Baker’s Challenge… If any of you not aware it, no worries you can join here at any time…
Small Intro about HBC
Started the group
Priya Suresh akka – Priya’s Versatile Recipes
1st - April month Challenge & Host
Pizza – Divya Prakash – Divya’s Culinary Journey
2nd – May month Challenge & Host
Mango Marble Cake – Sangeetha – Spicy Treats
Now we are in the third month, I am hosting the June month and the challenge for the month is COOKIES… Yeah!!! Cookies are most commonly baked until crisp or just long enough that they remain soft. Cookies are made in a wide variety of styles, using an array of ingredients including sugars, spices, chocolate, butter, peanut butter, nuts, fruits or dried fruits. The softness of the cookie may depend on how long it is baked. We choosed 4 different cookies namely,
- Strawberry Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pinwheel/Checker Board Cookies
- Short Bread Sandwich Cookies
The bakers can pick the cookies of their choice and bake.
And here am posting the strawberry cookies. I made 3 out of 4 cookies and I will post one by one in coming days.
fan addict to strawberries at any form. I totally enjoyed the baking of these cookies and the tastes were awesome. I never tasted or tried the strawberry cookies before this… My family loved the cookies much but I love to try more time but strawberries are rarely available in my place so I can’tL. I highly recommend you to try these cookies to taste the pretty pink…
In the cookies, I added strawberry essence to get rich flavour. I baked half of the quantity in original recipe.
Baked Goodies - Cookies
12 - 1 Tbsp measurement
All-purpose flour – ¾ Cup
Baking powder – ¼ Tsp
Salt – A pinch
Unsalted butter – 2 Tbsp (Room Temperature)
Granulated white sugar – 3 ½ Tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 Tsp
*Crushed fresh strawberry mix – 3 Tbsp
Nutella – for filling
*Crushed fresh strawberry mix – Crushing strawberries (I used big 3 berries) with 1 tsp of milk (if required)+2 drops of red food colour or strawberry essence) the quantity of strawberry mix will vary depending upon the consistency but it should not be runny or watery)
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar using a hand whisk or electric blender for about 4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence and crushed strawberry to the bowl and combine well with the butter mixture using a whisk.
- Fold in the flour mixture with the butter mixture gently to form dough. The dough will be soft and a little sticky but not loose. Do not over mix. You might need to oil your hands and bring the dough together.
- Once combined, cover the dough with plastic cling film and refrigerate for ½-1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C.
- Line your cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- Take out the refrigerated dough, lightly oil your palms and make small balls with it. (You can use 1 Tbsp or ice cream scoop for even measurement). Put the balls on the cookies sheet and press down slightly to flatten out.
- With the help of your thumb or back of a tea-spoon make a small hole in the middle of the cookies where you’ll fill the nutella after baking.
- If at this stage you feel that the butter in the cookies is melting, refrigerate again for about 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for about 8-12 minutes or until the bottom starts turning brown. Do not bake them beyond 12 minutes. These will continue to cook after you take them out of the oven.
- Take out the cookie sheet from the oven and using the teaspoon again press out the hole in the cookies. You will not able to do this after the cookies have cooled.
- Once cookies have cooled, fill in the nutella in the little holes in the cookies.
- Ready to biteJ
- You can replace the nutella with your choice of filling like melted Jam or melted Chocó chips or with nuts.
- Do refrigerate the dough to work easily.
- Every oven is different; the time of baking may vary from appliance to appliance.
AWESOME TASTE OF PRETTY PINK!!!
I enjoyed baking… Happy Baking!!!