Hi friends, sorry for not regular in my blogging, as I was not well since past week, so I couldn't post anything here. Now starting to my routine blogging and starts with “Basics of Kitchen”. I love ragi malt very much and used to get ready-made powder from stores. After sometime, I interested to do the recipe in home so no further delay; I have prepared the powder my own. I already shared ragi malt porridge with ragi flour.
The powder will be very nutritious which blend of nuts and millet and give you good energy. You can drink it with milk or like porridge with water too. I did not add any sweetener to the powder; if you need we can add it separately while making the porridge or milk. My uncle (dad’s brother) tasted the milk and he said that it tasted too good than the store bought one… What else I need…J It’s really very delicious and am sure kids will love it a lot and very apt for who are refused to take millet or nuts like me…:P
Ragi/Finger Millet – 1 Cup
Cashew nuts – 20-25
Almonds – 30-35
Pistachios – 20
Saffron strands – 5-8
Cardamom powder – 2 Tsp or 5 Cardamom
- Dry the all the ingredients except saffron strands, and keep it ready for grinding.
- Add cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios in a dry blender and pulse it till smooth powder. Sieve it and keep it aside.
- Blend the ragi into smooth powder and sieve it in nuts powder.
- Now take the coarse nuts mixture, add saffron strands and cardamom powder with little ragi flour, blend it into smooth powder.
- Sieve the flour and mix it well.
- Allow to cool for half an hour and store it in air-tight container.
- Use dry spoon every time.
- Keep it in refrigeration up to one month. I did not kept it for more than one month.
HOMEMADE RAGI MALT DRINK
Milk – 1 Cup
Homemade ragi malt powder – 1 Tbsp
Sugar – 2 Tsp or as required
- Boil the milk and allow boiling for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the ragi malt powder and sugar brings to boil for 2 more minutes and stir it well without any lumps.
- Now you can feel the aroma and switch off the flame and filter it.
- Enjoy the drink…
- You can make the same drink with water instead of milk to give porridge texture.
|Enjoy the Nutritious Drink!!!|