Green peas and potato is fabulous and favorite combo at any time. Sometimes I order green peas curry with naan when I visit to restaurants. Now, I get fresh green peas at my place and I never miss to restore in refrigerator. The gravy comes out very well and it tastes like restaurant gravy. Well suits for naan, roti or with variety rices.
7 Hours including Soak Time
Source – My Own
To make Kofta
Green peas – 1 ¼ Cup
Potato – 10 Baby potatoes or 1 Big potato
Red chilli powder – ½ Tsp
Garam masala powder – ¼ Tsp
Roasted cumin powder – ¼ Tsp
Salt – To taste
Corn starch – 1 Tbsp
Milk powder – 1 Tbsp
To make Gravy
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Onion, finely chopped – ¼ Cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Dry fenugreek leaves – 2 Tsp
Tomato puree – 1 Cup (Used 4 Tomatoes)
Red chilli powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
Roasted cumin powder – ½ Tsp
Black pepper powder – ½ Tsp
Salt – To taste
Cashew-almond paste – 2 Tbsp
Fresh cream – 2 Tbsp
Garam masala – ½ Tsp
Coriander leaves – To garnish
- Boil the potatoes and green peas separately. Peel and mash the potato and grind 3/4th cup of green peas (remaining ½ Cup for gravy) and transfer into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat enough oil to deep fry.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder, salt, corn starch and milk powder knead into a smooth dough.
- Divide into equal balls without any cracks and keep it in a plate.
- Deep fry the balls till golden brown on medium flame and keep it in plate.
- In another pan; heat butter and oil and then add chopped onions sauté till translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Add dry fenugreek leaves and sauté it once and then add tomato puree sauté till the oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt sauté till raw smell goes.
- Now add the remaining green peas and ½ Cup water to the gravy and let them boil.
- Then add cashew-almond paste, garam masala and fresh cream, stir it once and allow cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Add the kofta to the gravy before going to serve.
- Serve it hot with white rice or roti…
- Drain well the green peas before grinding.
- Use Kashmiri red chilli powder to get rich color, if you wish to add a pinch of red food color.
- Roll the balls in breadcrumbs before frying to get extra crispy.
- Adjust the spiciness according to your taste.