Hi friends, here is the simple and delicious kurma/gravy for rice and chapathi, it will suits for idli/dosa too… Aloo and butter beans with coconut paste which is very delicious and healthy.
Source - My Own
Potatoes – 2, boiled, peeled and diced
Butter beans – 1 Cup, boiled
Ginger – 2 Tsp, chopped
Garlic – 5-6 pods
Green chillies – 6 (adjust with your size of the chillies)
Grated coconut – ¼ Cup
Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
Black pepper corns – 1 Tsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon – 1” piece
Cloves – 1
Green cardamom – 1, broken
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Shallots – ¼ Cup, chopped
Tomatoes – 3, chopped
Curry leaves – Few
Mint leaves – Few
Coriander powder – 1 - 1½ Tsp
Salt – To taste
- Grind the ingredients together with little water into smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan; add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, mustard, urad dal and red chillies, wait it for sputter.
- Add chopped shallots sauté it till translucent, then add tomatoes and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, mint leaves followed by coriander powder and salt and allow cooking till tomato turns mushy.
- Now add the ground paste with little amount of water and mix it well.
- Allow cooking till high boiling then reduce to low flame.
- Now add boiled potatoes and boiled butter beans, let it cook for 5 minutes on low flame then switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with rice…
- You can add 5-6 cashew nuts while grinding coconut mixture, which gives extra flavor.
- Red chilli powder is optional, for extra spiciness.
- You can replace butter beans with soya or green peas.
|Mouth-Watering and Apt Kurma for Hot Rice!!!|