Hi friends, hope you all enjoyed and give a good start for 2014!!! Biryani is all time favorite to us; coriander biryani will be very flavorful and healthy one pot meal. Here I used nattu kothamalli, I love the kothamalli (Coriander) flavor much.
I am posting the coriander biryani for VT-Vegan Thursday which is the brainchild of +Priya akka from Priya’s Versatile Recipes. Every 1st and last Thursday of each month, you can expect from group of friends, posting vegan recipe.
Source - My own
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Oil – 2-3 Tbsp
Onion – 4, sliced length wise
Carrots, beans – ¾ Cup
Mint leaves – One handful
Water or Coconut milk – 2 Cup
Salt – To taste
Coriander – 1 Big Bunch
Cinnamon – 1 piece
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 2
Fennel seeds – 2 Tsp
Green chillies – 5-6 (According to your taste)
Ginger – 1 Tbsp
Garlic – 10
- Wash and soak the rice for 20 minutes.
- Wash the coriander leaves and chopped it roughly.
- Blend cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds, ginger and garlic well, and then add coriander leaves grind it to a smooth paste with little water.
- Heat oil in pan; add onion sauté it till turns translucent.
- Add vegetables and mint leaves sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Then add coriander paste and mix it well, add enough salt and allow cooking for 10 minutes on low flame or the oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Add 2 cups of water (I used rice soaked water itself) adjust salt and keep the flame on high till boiling well.
- Now add drained rice and allow high boiling and keep the flame on low level and cover the pan with lid till the all water content reduced. It takes 10-15 minutes.
- Now switch off the flame and keep cover for 15 minutes.
- Stir it once and serve hot… J
- You can add any of your choices of vegetables.
- You can lead the same procedure for mint rice.
- You can use pressure cooker to save your time.
|SUPER GREENY AND HEALTHY BIRYANI!!! HAVE IT!!!|