Hi friends, first I wish to thank you all my friends and readers for made my day as so special. Thanks a lot friends for the memorable wishes on my birthday through blog, fb and private mails J Am so honored and keep showering your supports… I would like to give a small virtual treat for you all… Hope you liked it…
Coming to the recipe, orange sponge cake, which is egg-free version and it, gives very soft and spongy texture. I already shared orange cake on my 200th post, this is also like similar version but the secret ingredient for the recipe is ENO fruit salt and self rising flour. Yes! The cake will be so airy and delicious, am sure if you taste this will do it again and again. It raised a good height as like egg version. I made the cake for second time for blog, first time couldn't get even single piece to take snaps, so I made it again and took the snaps.
*Self-rising flour – 150g (see notes)
Baking powder – 1 Tsp
Baking soda – ½ Tsp
Unsalted butter, soften – 90g
Condensed milk – 200g
Orange zest – 1 Tsp
Orange juice – 75ml
ENO fruit salt – ½ Tsp
Icing sugar – 100g
Orange zest – 1 Tsp
Orange juice – 1 Tbsp
- Sieve the self-rising flour, baking powder and baking soda for 3 times and keep it aside.
- Take wide mixing bowl, add soften butter and condensed milk beat it well with hand whisk or electric blender till smooth and creamy.
- Add orange zest and orange juice mix it well, following by add ENO fruit salt, you can see bubbles with sizzle sound then mix it once.
- Add flour to the mixture and fold it gently using flat spatula, till combines everything.
- Pour the batter to the greased baking pan. You can use parchment paper for smooth finishing.
- Bake it for 200° C for 10 minutes, and then 150° C for 20 minutes.
- Cool it completely and de molds it for frosting.
- In mixing bowl, add icing sugar, orange zest and orange juice beat it well till creamy.
- Pour it on cake and spread it evenly.
- Stand it for 10 minutes to settle and the slice it serve with fruits or ice creams.
- *Self-rising flour
- Maida – 1 Cup
- Baking powder – 1 ½ Tsp
- Salt – ¼ Tsp
- Mix it all and sieve for 5 times and use it or store it.
- Use fresh orange juice for rich flavor.
- Slightly grate the orange peel, not deep skin.
- Use unopened sachet of ENO salt, do not use opened one, it will not give good result.
|ENJOY THE SUPER SOFT, AIRY AND SPONGY ORANGE CAKE!!!|