Hi friends, am posting my 400th post today, but I felt it was too late nearly VUV going to touch 2nd year in 2 months… But nowadays am quite active more than previous year so I would like to go on the same or higher level.
Bread is turned into our daily breakfast/dinner nowadays. So we can make many recipes using the white bread. It may be vegetable sandwich, Veg omelette Sandwich pudding, bread upma, or simply with butter and jam or cheese spread and I already prepared Tea Bun and Jewish Challah Bread. Bread is very filling and can make number of recipes with it. Bread making is my long time wish, but I do not have loaf pan, so I waited to get one loaf pan, but still I didn't get in my place. Then, finally my impatience won, and made the bread in cake pan…J
30 - 35 Minutes
Source – thekitchn
Warm water – ½ Cup
Active dry yeast – 1 Tsp
Sugar – 1 Tsp + 1 Tbsp
Salt - 1/4 Tsp
Salt - 1/4 Tsp
Milk – ½ Cup
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Maida/APF – 3-4 Cup (I used 3 ½ Cup)
- Take warm water into a bowl, add yeast and 1 Tsp of sugar and keep it in warm place for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the milk in sauce pan add butter and sugar melt it on low flame and switch off the flame. Wait till it comes to warm state.
- Now the yeast will be frothy/bubbles, and yayyyy!!! J Your yeast is alive and ready to give you super bread.
- Pour the milk butter mixture into the yeast mixture and stir it well.
- Now add 1 cup maida at a time and start kneading using your food processor or dough kneading attachment or with stirrer.
- Add little by little maida and continue kneading, till the dough is non-stick on side off the bowl and stop adding flour here.
- Sprinkle some flour on countertop, transfer the dough here and start kneading, it will be sticky. Add little flour while kneading and stop add flour while its non-stick in your hand.
- Knead it continuously for 15 minutes to get smooth dough.
- Keep the dough into oil/butter greased bowl and cover it with cling wrap or towel keep it in warm place till it doubles. (It took me 45 minutes to rise).
- Now its time to punching the dough… Yes!!! You have to knead it again for 10 minutes. Punch the dough and release the gas and start knead for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces or depending upon your loaf pan size.
- Roll the dough as I have shown in the figure and fold the dough and roll it again to make log.
- Keep the dough into the greased loaf pan and let it double. (It took 30-35 minutes.)
- Don’t you have loaf pan like me… no worries, still you can make bread in your square/rectangle pan.
- Take aluminum foil and fold it thick, greased well with oil on both sides of the foil and keep it in the center to divide the pan to keep the log.
- Now place the log into greased pan as shown in the figure and let allow rise for 30-35 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven @ 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the loaves for 30-35 minutes and cool it completely on wire rack.
- Slice it after one hour and enjoy with your favorite spreads…
- Check your yeast is active or not, and then start your process to prepare bread.
- If the yeast mixture is good frothy or you may see some bubbles, the yeast is active and you can continue.
- Warm water/warm milk (You can keep your finger for 10-15 seconds in warm water, if you not bearable the heat wait for cool it at desire temperature) mixture is must to make bread, if its hot you are killed the yeast, if its cool the yeast will not active.
- Cut the slices after completely cool else it will be crumble.
|Soft and Light White Sandwich Bread is ready with Butter and Jam!!!|