HAPPY VINAYAGAR CHATURTI
MY FRIENDS AND READERS… J J J
பாலும் தெளி தேனும் பாகும் பருப்பும் இவை
நாலும் கலந்துனக்கு நான் தருவேன் - கோலஞ்செய்
துங்கக் கரிமுகத்து தூமணியே நீயெனக்கு
Before start any work or function, we will pray first deity Ganesha who bless us in our throughout process to get succeed. Vinayagar chaturti is grant Hindu festival in India, which is celebrates by all over Indian. Every home and in some public areas, used to install clay idols of god vinayagar, and do poojas with herbal leaves (Arugampul) and offer his favourite prasads kozhukattai, ladoo and so on… then after 3-9 days the idols are immersed in water (lake, well, sea). Today am sharing very simple and delicious arisi pidi kozhukattai with jaggery syrup. You can prepare it in a jiffy.
Raw rice flour – ¾ Cup
Jaggerysyrup – ½ Cup
Ghee – 2 Tsp
Fried gram dal/pottukadalai – 2 Tbsp
Sesame seeds – 2 Tsp
Cardamom powder – ½ Tsp
Coconut, scraped – 2 Tbsp
- Boil the jaggery syrup with 2 Tbsp water and ghee.
- Keep the flame low, and spread rice flour and mix it without any lumps.
- Add fried gram dal, sesame seeds, cardamom powder and coconuts mix it well into dough.
- Cool it for 10 minutes and then pinch some dough and make cylindrical shape and press it with fingers.
- Keep the kozhukattais in oil greased idli pan and steam it for 15 minutes.
- Serve it hot…
- Add sesame seeds after roast it.
- You can add chopped coconut pieces instead of scraped.
Check out my other Vinayagar Chaturti Recipes here...