Chole-Bhaura/Bhature is the most fabulous combination for breakfast or dinner, and why not even for lunch too. Its punjabi cuisine and it will be very tasty and filling breakfast. I have tried the bhature without yeast or curd. Though, I didn't have curd, so I have searched many sites to find out bhatura recipe without curd, but my search was failed, I couldn't get at my expectations. Then what else, I have tried my own style with finger crossed... Oh Yeah! Got superb result and it was awesome in taste and texture too.
Bhature/Bhatura is never live without chole masala, isn't it? Yes, here is the chole masala of restaurant style. Its good spicy and aromatic with fresh spices. I am sure, you will like the combo much once you tasted it... I have already shared other version of chole masala. The chole masala will suits for poori, tortillas and potato poori varieties too.. Lets move on the recipe, and it will be quite long post and I missed deep frying the poori pictures, will upload it when prepare next time.. Sorry...
Source – My Own
Maida/APF - 3 Cup
Semolina/Rave - 1/4 Cup
Baking powder - 3/4 Tsp
ENO fruit salt - 1/2 Tsp
Sugar - 1 Tsp
Salt - To taste
Milk - 3/4-1 Cup to knead
Water - To knead
Oil - 2 Tbsp + To deep fry
Chole Masala Powder
Cinnamon - 1" piece - 1
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Bay leaves - 1, small
Cumin seeds - 2 Tsp
Black peppercorn - 2 Tsp
Dry red chillies - 2
Coriander seeds - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Fennel seeds - 1 Tsp
White chickpeas - 1 Cup, soaked overnight
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Onion, chopped - 1/4 Cup
Green chillies - 2, chopped
Homemade ginger garlic paste - 1 Tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
Tomato puree - 3/4 Cup
Salt - To taste
Chole masala powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
Coriander leaves - Few
Preparation of Bhatura
- Take a wide mixing bowl, add maida, rava, baking powder, ENO salt, sugar, salt mix it well once.
- Now add milk little by little and knead it well with water if need, like chapathi dough consistency.
- Add the 2 Tbsp oil to the dough and knead it once and then keep cover with damp cloth and rest it for 30 minutes.
Preparation of Chole Masala
- Pressure cook the white chana upto 3-4 whistles and keep it aside.
- Take the ingredients for channa masala powder, and dry roast it till turns golden brown on slow flame.
- Cool it completely and grind it into powder.
Preparation of Gravy
- Heat oil in pan, add chopped onion saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add green chilles and ginger garlic paste saute it till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add turmeric, red chilli and coriander powder saute it till the oil oozes out from the masala.
- Then pour tomato puree mix it well and allow cook till the oil oozes out.
- Add channa masala powder and salt and mix it well.
- Now open the pressure cooker and add channa boiled water to the gravy as you required and bring to boil.
- Take 2 Tbsp of boiled channa blend it well or mash it and keep it aside.
- Now add boiled channa and mix it well and then add the mashed channa to the thickness.
- Keep the gravy on low flame for 5 minutes and switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Chole Masala is ready...
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Knead the dough once on counter top or chapathi board.
- Divide into equal balls.
- Roll it into circle or you can use cutter to get perfect round after rolling.
- Deep fry the roti till puffed up well.
- Serve hot with chole masala...
- The dough consistency will be little tight, so that it wont absorb oil. In this method, it doesn't absorb oil. Yes, am sure.
- Adding of mashed chickpeas is optional, but it gives thick consistency to the gravy.
- Fry the batura before serving, hot bhatura will be so good with chole masala.
- Adding rava helps to stays the puffed up for long time.
|HOT PUFFED BHATURA WITH CHOLE MASALA....|