Hi friends, simple and easy gravy for chapathi/poori/parotta. I always used to try different methods while making kurma for chapathi. This kurma is one of my most favorite and my dad too loved it a lot. No need tomatoes to the kurma. Healthy benefits from sprouted peas is really very strength and you can enjoy the nutty flavor as well as green flavor.
Source - My Own
To soak and Grind
Almonds – 12
Cashew nuts – 5
Milk – 2 Tbsp
Shallots – 12-15
Coriander leaves – One handful
Green chillies – 4
Fennel seeds – 2 Tsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon – 1” piece – 1
Cloves – 1
Green cardamom – 1, broken
Kalpasi – 1
Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Onion – 2, chopped
Homemade Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Sprouted green peas – 1 Cup
Carrot – 1, chopped
French beans – 5-6, chopped
Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
Salt – To taste
Water – 2-3 Cups
Garam masala powder – 1 Tsp
- Soak the almonds and cashew nuts in hot water for 20 minutes and then peel the almonds. Grind the nuts with milk into smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Grind the shallots, coriander leaves, green chillies and fennel seeds with very little water into smooth paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan; add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and kalpasi after 10 seconds add cumin, urad dal and mustard seeds wait for sputter.
- Add onions sauté it for 2 minutes, following by add ginger garlic paste sauté it till the raw smell goes off.
- Add sprouted green peas, carrot and beans sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Add green paste and mix it well, following by add coriander powder with salt and sauté it till the oil oozes out the mixture.
- Add 2 cups of water and allow cooking with cover the lid for 10 minutes or till the peas cooked.
- Now add nut paste mix it well and allow boiling and then add garam masala powder and keep it on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve it hot with chapathi/poori…
- You can add some mint leaves while grinding.
- While grinding nuts, replace milk with coconut milk for vegan version.
|Super Delicious Green Curry!!!|