Hi friends, idlies are one of the most regular foods in every Tamilian home. It has many varieties and I already shared kadai idli and kaima idli which is saravanana bhavan hotel style. And here is other version of idli, mini idli or chilli chilli or masala idli, which is tossed with spicy masala and those cute mini idlies are addictive and nice way to treat your tummy full and healthy too. Yes! Its one of the healthy way of idlies, which I do not deep fry the idlies here, so it’s surely guilt free version of chilli idli. But no compromise on taste, it’s very juicy, hot and mouth watering mini treats at every bite…
In my school days, my mom used to make chilli idli with regular idlies, but its bit different from this version, will share the version soon. The color of the chilli idli will be so attractive and appealing, so you cannot find out any single piece after servings… J
Source - My Own
Mini idlies – 40
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Urad dal – 1 Tsp
Dry red chillies –1, broken
Shallots – ½ Cup, chopped
Curry leaves – Few
Green chillies – 1, chopped
Homemade Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Tomato puree – ¾ Cup (I ground 3 ripen tomatoes)
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1-2 Tsp
Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
Salt – To taste
Water – ¼ Cup
Garam masala powder – 1 Tsp
Roasted cumin seed powder – 1 Tsp
Black pepper powder – ½ Tsp
Coriander leaves – Few
- Heat oil in pan; add fennel seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal and dry chillies wait for sputter.
- Add shallots and curry leaves sauté it tills translucent, and then add ginger garlic paste and green chillies sauté it till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add tomato puree and sauté it till the oil oozes out from the mixture.
- Then add turmeric, red chilli and coriander powder sauté it till the raw smell goes.
- Now add water and stir it once and then add garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder and pepper powder, sauté it for 3 minutes and now you can feel good aromatic gravy.
- It’s the time to add mini idlies, and toss it gently then add coriander leaves toss it once.
- Serve it hot…
- You can use normal idlies, cut into small cubes. Do not cut hot idlies, cool it completely and then cut.
- You can add carrot, beans or green peas to it.
|VERY DELICIOUS AND HOT CHILLI IDLI!!!|