Hi friends, paneer butter masala is very popular and delicious gravy for roti/paratha/Naan/Pulao. I love restaurant style PB masala, but am not person for spicy version of paneer, instead of love sweet recipes with paneer. But I wanted to try spicy version of paneer.
Here I prepared restaurant style panner butter masala, I got the exact taste which I tasted in restaurants. I was really super happy but still I enjoyed the gravy much than the paneer. After tasted the gravy, I added the gravy in my regular menu…J
Gravy/Side dish for Paratha/Naan
Source – My Own
Store bought or Homemade Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese – 100g
I – Onion paste
Oil – 2 Tsp
Cinnamon – 1” piece – 1
Cloves – 1
Cardamom – 1
Onion – 3, diced
II – Cashew Paste
Cashew nuts – 10-12
Milk – 2 Tbsp
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Homemade Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Tomato puree – ½ Cup (I blend 4 red tomatoes)
Turmeric powder – ¼ Tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 ½ Tsp
Salt – To taste
Dry kasturi methi leaves – 2 Tsp
Black pepper powder – ½ Tsp
Water – ½ Cup
Fresh cream – 1 Tbsp (I used Amul Fresh cream)
Roasted cumin seed powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander leaves – Few
- Heat oil in pan; add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and then add onion sauté it till golden brown, switch off the flame, cool and grind into smooth paste with little water.
- Blend the cashew nuts and milk into smooth paste and keep it aside.
- If you use store-bought paneer wash it once and dry with kitchen towel and cut into cubes.
- Heat butter in the pan; after melts add ginger garlic paste sauté it well.
- Add onion paste and sauté it for 1 minute and then add tomato puree and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Next add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt sauté it till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add cashew paste, kasuri methi leaves and black pepper powder and mix it well.
- Add ½ cup of water and allow boiling for 2 minutes.
- Then add fresh cream and roasted cumin seed powder allow cooking for another 1 minute.
- Now add the paneer cubes into the gravy, gently mix it and allow cooking for 2 minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with naan/paratha…
- Brownish sauté onion gives unique taste to the gravy.
- Milk and fresh cream will gives the restaurant taste.
- You can toss the paneer till golden brown with 2 Tsp of oil in pan before add to the gravy.
|SUPER DELICIOUS AND CREAMY PANEER BUTTER MASALA!!!|