Hi friends, nowadays I get more interested to bake and love to make each and every recipe. I really enjoy the aroma of the bakes from the oven. Other reason to try out more bakes, my dad loves cakes or cookies. I already shared that I had loads of strawberries last week, so I tried out the delicious, flavorful strawberry cake. I was really enjoyed the flavor while baking.
I used fresh strawberry puree to make the cake and secret ingredient for the fluffiness of the cake by using ENO fruit salt without butter. Especially the outcome was so perfect soft and spongy texture cake. I already shared the strawberry muffins with infused chocolate chips. I am sure its super addictive and try this at least once.
I post the recipe for Love2Bake which is conducted by +Sangeetha akka from Spicy Treats. Every Monday you can post any baked recipes either vegetables or cakes/cookies/breads.
Source - My Own
Olive oil – ¼ Cup
Granulated sugar – 1 Cup
Strawberries – 6-8
Milk – ½ Cup
Strawberry essence – ½ Tsp
*Cake flour – 1 ¼ Cup
Baking powder – 1 Tsp
Baking soda – ½ Tsp
ENO fruit salt (Lemon flavor) – 1 Tsp
Maida/APF – 14 Tbsp (1 Cup minus 2 Tbsp)
Corn flour – 2 Tbsp
Mix it together and sift for 3-5 times and use it.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces, put the berries into the blender add 1 Tbsp of milk and blend into a smooth puree. (I yield ½ Cup chopped berries and yield ½ Cup Puree)
- Take a wide bowl, add olive oil and sugar beat it well till both combines well.
- Add strawberry puree and strawberry essence mix it well.
- Now add ¼ Cup milk and mix it well.
- Preheat the oven @ 180° C for 10 minutes.
- Grease the cake pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Add baking powder and baking soda into cake flour and sieve it for 2 times.
- Add the flour into the strawberry mixture and fold it in one direction and add milk and flour alternatively till you get a smooth batter.
- Do, not over mix, just fold it, then add 1 Tsp of ENO fruit salt, now you can hear “Shhhhh” sound and bubbles mix it till combines everything.
- Pour the batter into cake pan and keep it for a bake.
- Bake it for 40 minutes. Then bake it for 10 minutes @ 150°C. Mine got ready at 45 minutes.
- Check the cake with insertion of toothpick on center of the cake after 30 minutes, and then proceed further.
- After baked, cool it for 15 minutes and take out the cake from the pan and cool it completely.
- Slice it and serve it with fresh strawberries or ice cream.
- If you like to add butter add ¼ Cup soften butter instead of olive oil.
- Strawberry essence is optional; you can add vanilla essence too.
- Add milk depending upon the consistency of your cake batter.
- Check the cake after 30 minutes, if the cake starts darkly brown on top but still uncooked on the center cover the cake with aluminium foil and continue baking for other 10-15 minutes.
- Completely cool the cake before slicing.
|FRESH, SOFT AND SPONGY STRAWBERRY CAKE!!!|
|Click Here 1 & 2!!|